X2 Recruit are currently recruiting for Transport Supervisor in the Macclesfield area.
This is a permanent roll direct with the company.
Responsibilities are to include-
- Ownership and use of TMS system across the Business, supporting and challenging where required to drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Legal compliance across the fleet, assisting in managing budgets, identifying the risks, issues and opportunities within the transport function deploying innovative and creative solutions to develop the operation.
- Continuously review current and future volumes to ensure that sufficient resources are engaged to enable a cost-effective complete logistics solution to customers.
- Assist in development of future distribution and transport network including to improve network efficiency.
- Assist in managing, motivating, engage, empower, train and develop the team as required.
- Liaising with the Purchasing and Sales Departments to ensure maximum utilisation of the vehicle fleet.
- Resourcing routes daily ensuring the correct management of drivers’ hours and O, License requirements.
- Communicate effectively with drivers to ensure understanding of planned routes, safety, efficiently and legally.
- Assist in development and implementation of local transport strategies across the Business Unit in line with national and regional strategies.
- Management of the servicing schedule and any additional vehicle requirements.
- Support the Business, Transport Manager with Transport KPI’s and KPI improvement within the Business Site.
- Valid UK Driving Licence with no serious endorsements.
- Excellent knowledge of the road network.
- Understanding of Driver hours and WTD.
- Transport Legislation and Transport planning, route scheduling and network improvement.
- Able to provide feedback/suggestions on process improvement/efficiencies drive.
- Understanding of operator’s license requirements and experience of dealing with an operator’s license.
This is a full-time role of 40 hours per week with 20 days holiday, and 3 additional paid holidays over the Christmas period. Other benefits include
Enrolment into a cash benefit scheme where employees receive cash payments to cover dental, opticians and other services. This includes access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Healthline.
For more information please call our office on 01625 350333 or click apply with you CV for a call back.