X2 Recruit are currently recruiting for a Digital Advertising Sales Executive for one of our busy clients in Macclesfield.
Working across a portfolio of magazines, you will be expected to generate revenue through digital magazine advertising sales as well as selling on associated printed yearbooks and websites throughout the year. You will be responsible for growing revenue both from existing advertiser accounts and through developing new business. This will be achieved primarily via effective outgoing telephone sales calls and emails, as well as attending industry events as appropriate.
B2B media sales background is essential as well as experience in selling digital or print platforms.
- Selling advertising spaces to clients.
- Create sales targets and achieve results.
- Establishing strong business relationships with clients.
- Finding out who controls the advertising budget in target, organisations, businesses, companies and contacting them.
- Offering a price, negotiating around it, closing the deal and recording the details.
- A proven track record of working in a media sales environment, advertising sales experience in print media is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the publishing industry – ideally in B2B sales.
- Experience of both account management and successful new business development.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including face-to-face meetings, ability to write sales proposals via email, being able to react quickly to negotiate and close deals.
- Resilient, able to work under pressure, independently and to be a team player.
- Enthusiastic about sales and able to maintain high standards and a positive attitude throughout the day.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet all sales deadlines.
- Positive attitude to selling and meeting targets/objectives.
- Salary: £20,000 – £24,000/year (depending on experience) + uncapped commission.
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
- Office hours: Mon-Thu 8:30 – 17:00 with an hour for lunch, Fri 8:30 – 13:30, 35 hours per week.
- Option to work from home 1 day per week (being trailed and will be reviewed in Dec 2021).
- Free on-site car parking.