- To provide an efficient and effective telephone and face to face service specified for the Corporate Contact Centre and one-stop shop service.
- To provide an efficient, effective, empathetic and responsive service to the public and a commitment to customer care and service.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- To be responsible for answering specific and general enquiries and giving advice to members of the public, other departments and outside agencies who contact the council on a basis of resolution at the first point of contact where appropriate or the detailed transfer of unresolved enquiries.
- Responsible for taking payments via all channels, including responsibility for daily balancing, making repayment arrangements, handling cash/cheque payments where appropriate, in compliance with all audit requirements
- To operate all relevant computer and support systems (e.g. Customer Relationship Management system, Advanced Telephony Technology and alarms) in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To operate all relevant equipment in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To operate all relevant manual systems/processes in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To support face to face and electronic channel enquiries i.e. Internet, text messaging where appropriate.
- To collate information, provide statistical data and extracted reports on all services provided from both computer and manual sources.
- To actively contribute and seek to continuously improve the service by ensuring that all computer data, administrative systems, procedure manuals are maintained and kept fully up to date.
- To report faults on computer systems and connected equipment to the appropriate company or internal Council department.
- To be prepared to work flexibly in providing cover for additional shifts to ensure that adequate staffing is provided for the core hours of the nominated service.
- To comply with all Equalities, Data Protection, Health and Safety and other appropriate legislation and City Council policies in order to maintain the security and confidentiality of customers and the City Council.
- To assist with the training of other members of staff as appropriate.
- To take responsibility to identify personal development needs and undertake the necessary actions agreed through the Personal Development Review scheme and comprehensive performance reviews.